Ren'Py Hermione Trainer [v0.2] [EdgeAI]

2.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Volchonok

Feb 26, 2021
Again, Akabur's game use licensed content without a license, slow down your high horse. 'in their case, it's not plagiarism, it's theft)
I highly doubt WB or Disney would see their games with a good eye.

Copying an artist style is not the same as ripping off their creations.

A human artist would be able to enable Akabur's art style too. Hmm... I wonder if it has been done before...

I don't see anyone complaining there.
We're not talking about the copywriting of the big companies and the fact that they have their own licenses. Nobody gives bad marks to simple parodies where you seduce Disney princesses.... We're talking about a specific case here. When people are really angry about this project. Just show me at least one successful project that used akabur style with AI ? I think there is no such project. All because people know it's useless and it's impossible to get money because of it. People are not stupid. Any other trainer, without using the concept of akabur and his style, will get more reactions and feedback and money than this plagiarism. Here we are not talking about creative realization, we are not talking about the ability to create something good and quality. This is just another attempt to cash in on an already successful franchise, idea and art.

Reactions: harem.king

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
We're not talking about the copywriting of the big companies and the fact that they have their own licenses. Nobody gives bad marks to simple parodies where you seduce Disney princesses.... We're talking about a specific case here. When people are really angry about this project. Just show me at least one successful project that used akabur style with AI ? I think there is no such project. All because people know it's useless and it's impossible to get money because of it. People are not stupid. Any other trainer, without using the concept of akabur and his style, will get more reactions and feedback and money than this plagiarism. Here we are not talking about creative realization, we are not talking about the ability to create something good and quality. This is just another attempt to cash in on an already successful franchise, idea and art.
Maybe you are right about what you say. I certainly understand less than you. But I will still say how I see it:

EdgeAI is a beginner in AI game development. He is learning. And he chose Hermione from Akabur as his first learning piece. Since he wants to share his learning with others to learn from their reactions what he did well and what he could do better, he has published his first attempts.

The first attempt v0.01 contains a bit of Hermione and then something of another girl showing her breasts. And - this girl with her breasts is beautiful and cute. I like it.

EdgeAI keeps tinkering... And he creates a story with a blowjob mouse and an evil rat. The mouse girl is pretty and cute and I like it. I don't like the one with the rat. And EdgeAI shows this new creation in version 0.02, which version 0.01 does not contain.

Now you have to remember that these are the first practice fragments that EdgeAI is showing. Nothing more. Please treat what EdgeAI is showing as what it is:
The first two practice fragments of an upcoming game.
And don't criticize because it's not a game yet. But, as I said: the first two fragments.

What EdgeAI is doing is completely legitimate. He is allowed to show his practice fragments here. And it is not right to judge him for it.

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
If he's just learning, let him do it.
Very good! You have understood! Now act accordingly!

But let me make something clear.
You don't have to study to get the pictures.
Sorry - not true.
You say you don't have to learn it and you can't do it yourself.
Just look at the distorted picture with the fraudulent text you show there :

In the future, put more effort into showing nice pictures here.
Like this, for example. This is better :

Hermine 6.png

• Haha
Reactions: Volchonok

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Again, Akabur's game use licensed content without a license, slow down your high horse. 'in their case, it's not plagiarism, it's theft)
I highly doubt WB or Disney would see their games with a good eye.

Copying an artist style is not the same as ripping off their creations.

A human artist would be able to enable Akabur's art style too. Hmm... I wonder if it has been done before...

I don't see anyone complaining there.
People are not criticizing because "respect muh copyrights"

People are criticizing because asset flip AI cash grabs are inherently poor quality, souless, and rife with issues such as bad writing and being abandoned as soon as patreon income is below the amount the author thought he would rake in.

Soulless cash grabs don't have to be indie btw. Lots of megacorps spend hundreds of millions of dollars on soulless cash grabs trying to exploit IPs poorly.
And sometimes those flop pretty badly too.

waxing carnauba

Feb 13, 2020
I don't get why everyone is so mad. I mean, this thread has been going on for a while, ragging on the poor guy for the concept being derivative and the AI art being a 'shortcut', but when it comes down to it, all worthwhile experiences borrow the seeds from things that came before it. And the source he's borrowing so heavily from was a genuinely solid game (especially for its time), so if the man can build on it, then I say that's great! I mean, yeah, he might not get any prizes for ingenuity (at least as far as the concept goes), but if he stays focused and keeps moving at a decent clip, he could still make something genuinely great.

Look at it this way: by borrowing so heavily from a solid foundation and using AI to bypass one of the biggest hurdles in visual game development for non-artists, he's streamlining the entire process. This could mean faster updates. More content. A vast swath of features that are added and improved with each new version! Myriad possibilities being explored! More wiggle room for experimentation!

Where you see shortcuts, I see potential! I say, "hold your judgment until you see what the man can accomplish with this sleek, lightweight, agile way of doing things!"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
People are not criticizing because "respect muh copyrights"

People are criticizing because asset flip AI cash grabs are inherently poor quality, souless, and rife with issues such as bad writing and being abandoned as soon as patreon income is below the amount the author thought he would rake in.

Soulless cash grabs don't have to be indie btw. Lots of megacorps spend hundreds of millions of dollars on soulless cash grabs trying to exploit IPs poorly.
And sometimes those flop pretty badly too.
I understand your point of view, but I was answering someone, and that's not what that someone said.

It's the stealing and plagiarizing that makes people angry
First, who are "the people" ? You are what? Two, three guys complaining?

Second, intellectual property theft is intellectual property theft. It doesn't matter if it's from a a big company or a "small" independent artist. He still made money on unlicensed product. Because you fapped to it doesn't make it ok.

Third:
Just show me at least one successful project that used akabur style with AI ? I think there is no such project
How many are they?
I think it's the first one I ever saw. Until we managed to send the first man in space, it was useless to try, nobody had managed to do it. That's your argument.

Though, I'll agree with you on one point, it's more pleasant to have handmade art, or art where a human was involved, even if there was AI. (still, take a look at the shopkeeper, it's AI assisted, and the art is really good)

On another hand, I know at least one "successful" game that directly ripped off witch trainer assets, can't remember the name of the game. It's a lesbian game where we have to help our nerdy girlfriend to study and wind off, an html game. It has Hermione in her pink sweatshirt.

Finally, moneybgrab....
You know why F95 exist, right? Because most of the games here are moneygrab with low effort put in them, and not everyone can afford to spend so much money for so little efforts. (the Irony, btw is that most use either DAZ without paying a commercial license or Illusion's studio, which the company announced was illegal if it was for commercial purpose, talk about plagiarism and intellectual theft). How many games gets abandoned after a few updates? How many successfully games suddenly come to a slow down so they don't get finished too fast and lose their income?

You don't need AI for this.

You have the right to not like AI, personally, as long as the quality is there, I don't care.

This is a very early version of the game, for now, I don't judge, there is plenty of improvement to be done, and quite a lot has already been done between 0.1 and 0.2.

You don't want Akabur's Hermione to be used, but... the first version of Hermione in the game was Akabur's style, but it wasn't witch trainer Hermione either, you're barking at windmills there.

But stop with the property theft and plagiarism claims, especially on a pirate platform.

Also, I forgot something important, the game is free.
Witch Trainer Silver and Innocent Witches have a Patreon too. Still free games though. :HideThePain:

Last edited:
Reactions: toccata

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
It's not even lazy AI where the dev just asks a robot to do all the art for him, the Dev goes over it himself and directly alters the pics with his own talent.

You know, the legitimate use of AI?

The idea that Akabur has some sort of claim to his own style is completely laughable. No artist ever has had a property claim to a style. If I make my horror movie in black and white, I'm not being sued by the Hitchcock estate.

Posturing as being more ethically correct when using theft as an excuse to attack artists for doing what artists have done since fucking Aristotle was still alive is, as the dev put so succinctly, pathetic.

Reactions: toccata and lnomsim

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
It's not even lazy AI where the dev just asks a robot to do all the art for him, the Dev goes over it himself and directly alters the pics with his own talent.
He does? then how come one of the sample pics has 6 fingers?

Anyways, I am waiting to see if this somehow turns out to be the first ever good AI game ever in history ever.

I will admit that aside from that the 6 fingers guffaw, the girls do look pretty hot thus far. And I am always down for training hermoine into a sex slave.
I understand your point of view, but I was answering someone, and that's not what that someone said.
Alright. fair enough that one person said that.

Last edited:

EdgeAI

Sep 4, 2024

Anyways, I am waiting to see if this somehow turns out to be the first ever good AI game ever in history ever.

I will admit that aside from that the 6 fingers guffaw, the girls do look pretty hot thus far. And I am always down for training hermoine into a sex slave.

6 finger issue has already been resolved, its just the image is outdated

Reactions: harem.king

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Because that's a mistake human artists have been making since the dawn of time? I don't think a single artist in history has ever said hands are easy. The common mistake is dropping a finger, but other "AI" mistakes have shown up even in famous works. The phantom arm in Da Vinci's final supper is a good example of this.
Sometimes, you overlook something. The fact most of the gens don't have 7 fingers should probably be a sign that someone's gone over the images at least.

Hey, there's bound to be good AI games at some point. It would make sense to me that it happens for the first dev (that I know of) to use AI the proper way - as a supplementary tool and not a wholesale replacement of an artist.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Because that's a mistake human artists have been making since the dawn of time? I don't think a single artist in history has ever said hands are easy. The common mistake is dropping a finger, but other "AI" mistakes have shown up even in famous works. The phantom arm in Da Vinci's final supper is a good example of this.
Sometimes, you overlook something. The fact most of the gens don't have 7 fingers should probably be a sign that someone's gone over the images at least.

Hey, there's bound to be good AI games at some point. It would make sense to me that it happens for the first dev (that I know of) to use AI the proper way - as a supplementary tool and not a wholesale replacement of an artist.
About the bad hands, not necessarily, a good amount of LORA, embedding and some models can now generate good hands naturally.

With what I use (and sometimes, even without embedding or LORA), I'd say I have good hands 90% of the time. But the 10% left are just nightmare fuel, sometimes I miss the extra finger.

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
Well, I know some who do.

for example: do you know that game with that one?

- - - - - Amazone 12.png

2.90 star(s) 8 Votes