Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
well, logical. . . but I wouldn't rule out the game because of this, just now. Depends on how the dev will update the game, If more events, elements will be just blank space, and updates will take too long with less content, than completed events, it's a dead game then.
Perhaps I am sometimes rude to the developers of such games, but do not forget these want to get paid for their work, according to their logic.
Whereas the player (consumer) I will judge the game as a full-fledged product, I don't care what version is there and how much content is in it.

Because I was presented with a product that should be sold and make me spend money for this game, then it is not logical that the author should have made more effort for his game?
Yes, now defenders of novice developers will rush in and say, this is his first project and you can forgive.
But I will say this, if he is a beginner, why should we players pay him money for training? If he studies, let him study further, do not take money from people for an unprepared product.

i am hella curious, if the dev have any idea, how to carry on the story, or is it just spontaneous idea flow. . .
He created the theme of the game and didn't write here anymore, apparently he doesn't care or he doesn't want to tell us players about it.

Reactions: EnterYourNameHere

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
View attachment 4019693
well let's hope, he will do what he show us here.
In general, all the points make sense except for one.
This is a hair-raising mechanic because it's a headache in terms of development and stupidly justifying a monthly development period for a subscription.

I think for the first project it is not necessary to complicate the development stages, which will eventually lead to burnout and rip of the project.

Because it will take extra time to develop events and new variables, their indexing for events ( in short, unnecessary conditions in the engine )

Everything else is, as expected, the usual response from the developer.

Black Xoul

Apr 5, 2018
Ppl aren't even responsible for their parent's debt when they die,
Depend on the country. In my country sadly, it's the case. I believe it's same in Korea as well but for them, it's more about inheritance. If you denounce the inheritance, no debts to the family... or so I believe

Black Xoul

Apr 5, 2018
I think for the first project it is not necessary to complicate the development stages, which will eventually lead to burnout and rip of the project.

Because it will take extra time to develop events and new variables, their indexing for events ( in short, unnecessary conditions in the engine )
I tried to mod a game and this is exactly making me hard. It's not that difficult per se but man... It takes so much time

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
Decent game. Similar idea to tasty curse. But the files are WAY too big for how much content is here. Maybe try webm instead. No idea what your plan is for it though. So who knows where it'll go.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I tried to mod a game and this is exactly making me hard. It's not that difficult per se but man... It takes so much time
It's easy at the beginning, until more and more of them are needed :cautious:
Nowadays, developers who release such versions 0.0.1 are not in the habit of testing their game.

Therefore, doing difficult things in the game is, well, to put it mildly, a strange decision to be honest.

Reactions: Black Xoul

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
This is a hair-raising mechanic because it's a headache in terms of development and stupidly justifying a monthly development period for a subscription.
one thing here i don't understand.

Hair-raising mechanic. . . like in RDR2, in html game? Where pictures of characters are ai generated probably, and all gifs used are real people content recorded. It could be good idea to have it in TPP, 3D game, or if game developer is using few real models for all gifs content in the game etc [in case of this game, probably, models who have hair colours given in the game], but with all different gifs used here, that's not necessarily needed, especially if we are talking about html game here.
All of the rest? Good.

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
Nowadays, developers who release such versions 0.0.1 are not in the habit of testing their game.
Cuz people who play the games in versions 0.0.1 such versions as that, are some kind of testers.
You know like early-access players on Steam. When the game is buged and glitched as fuck. Take Ubisoft's new games for example. 1726089712885.png

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
one thing here i don't understand.

Hair-raising mechanic. . . like in RDR2, in html game? Where pictures of characters are ai generated probably, and all gifs used are real people content recorded. It could be good idea to have it in TPP, 3D game, or if game developer is using few real models for all gifs content in the game etc [in case of this game, probably, models who have hair colours given in the game], but with all different gifs used here, that's not necessarily needed, especially if we are talking about html game here.
All of the rest? Good.
I understand your thinking, buddy.

But I'm not talking about the difficulty of getting the content itself, but the difficulty of implementing all the systems for this action, why am I saying this? I judge the developer's attitude towards his game, alas, it is clearly not in his favor.

Therefore, I think that this is a stupid complication and justification for a monthly subscription to monetize the project.
But if the developer does all these things that he wants and does them well, then I won't argue.

But I am a harsh realist, so I will judge in a year or two.

Reactions: vessna

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Cuz people who play the games in versions 0.0.1 such versions as that, are some kind of testers.
You know like early-access players on Steam. When the game is buged and glitched as fuck. Take Ubisoft's new games for example. View attachment 4023537
Ubisoft has been doing fine lately, I've rarely seen serious bugs in their games.

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
Therefore, I think that this is a stupid complication and justification for a monthly subscription to monetize the project.
yeah i mean, the dev should leave the idea of hair-raising system alone, when it's not necessarily needed. Focus on other aspects. Cuz that sounds like a long shot, and justification of no update releases. Things that can be done fast.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
yeah i mean, the dev should leave the idea of hair-raising system alone, when it's not necessarily needed. Focus on other aspects. Cuz that sounds like a long shot, and justification of no update releases. Things that can be done fast.
I agree with that too.

But the simplest solution is to do what your strength and knowledge are enough for.
Simply put, do not jump over your head.

That's why I don't create monetization in my games, because for me it's more of a mental hobby.
During which I rest and just create what I want, in short, I take a break from the outside world.

ever played Outlaws?
:LOL: You should also remind me about the Avatar game.
But her problem is that she came out too graphically, so she lagged.

• Haha
Reactions: vessna
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes