4.70 star(s) 60 Votes

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
I just downloaded it from pixeldrain and I get a firewall message that the game wants to connect to the internet, in this case to San Francisco/USA. Is that what the dev wants? For me this is rather suspicious.
Am I the only one who has this case?
fw_rule.jpg

InSynchroncity

Sep 20, 2024
I just downloaded it from pixeldrain and I get a firewall message that the game wants to connect to the internet, in this case to San Francisco/USA. Is that what the dev wants? For me this is rather suspicious.
Am I the only one who has this case?
View attachment 4065202
It's recommended that you download the game (along with future updates) from the game's official Itch.io page. Other websites will likely have malware or other harmful computer viruses in the files.

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
It's recommended that you download the game (along with future updates) from the game's official Itch.io page. Other websites will likely have malware or other harmful computer viruses in the files.
Thanks, I used the Link from the op (WIN/Linux) Pixeldrain.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
No, thats the whole point of the supporter releases, they get the new content first.
The next supporter release is this month! (with some new content, ofc)

... Me too, kid...

This is really weird, but its probably tied to the new RenPy version. (Necessary for the Live2D animations and online newsfeed)
I would say "it works on my machine" but... it even works on my crappy smartphone, even the Live2D animations play without any stuttering.
Honestly... I have NO IDEA why it would lag. All images are compressed as WEBPs now, even more, last update had way fewer images and songs and was like 50Mb heavier than this one.

My best advice yo destroyerofassholes , JoeBeans, hiensolo11 , or ANYONE EXPERIENCING LAG ON PC:
Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started and change the available rendering options.

Added this tip to the game's Newsfeed, so other players can see it too. God, I'm so happy with that thing.
I'm running a 5600x with a 3080 and every other renpy works just fine. There is basically no way in hell it's my PC, and I doubt it's because of image compression or anything. I've run a lot of crappy renpy games where the dev most certainly didn't care about such things and it still ran just fine. Has to be a bug, leak of some sort.

Switching to GL2 makes the interval between the freezes shorter, but it is still there and still very unplayable. Game just keeps freezing up. First time I've seen such a thing with a renpy game.

4.70 star(s) 60 Votes