Others - Completed - Popolife! -Anzu's Part-Time Job as a Rural Slut- [v1.0] [NappleMill]

1. 2.00 star(s)

oaoo69

too much grinding, the animations are ok, not my taste, altough it has a variety of fetishes. gameplay is trash and confusing, and you have to play a lot to unlock very short scenes. i would like to see where the story goes, but cant get to continue playing.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

LordCorwin

Writing: 6/10
    Imagery: 6/10
    Gameplay: 6/10
    Kinks: 6/10
    Overall: 6/10

Exorcise ghosts, grind gold, buy outfit, repeat.

Hope you like grinding, because if you want to beat this game there'll be a whole lot of that. Even if you go and spread our Gal Gohan (for old man D) legs for all the H action old men and perverted kids, you will still need to spend upwards of 10 minutes in an area jumping around, defeating the same ghsosts, until you're full on gold and can go buy another outfit to do it all over again in the next area.

Some of the scenes are kinda hot, but nothing was fap worthy enough to get me going. Anzu herself, the gal of the hour, is pretty sexy but can be a pain in the butt to control if you are actually trying to beat the game.

There is also some attempt at humor with the ghosts, your "companions" antics, but honestly it didn't do anything for me.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SmolPPPrince

One of the best H-Game side scrollers I've played! Unlike so many other h games, Anzu's Part-Time Job doesn't fall into the "h scene only on loss" pitfall, with the act of sex being required to progress through the game. Each enemy has a sex animation but only one enemy on the level will trigger it, avoiding having to constantly mash buttons to escape repeated grab attacks. For me, this was fun game that I beat in a day and had a really fun time with, if pixel art animation, side-scrolling gameplay or any of the other tags on this game pique your interest, give it a download!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

kazralinux

Well i have so many issues with this game, First the gameplay
    The gameplay its fun for some time but casually just on the first stage afther that its just soooo boring and its the typical Loose to fuck. It has major bugs when you loose like softhlock or simple black screen i dont know if its just a me problem but IDK.
    The desings are nice and very fappable but still such a shame its wasted on this garbage game. The Cg animations are nice but still very lame sometimes.
    The only good here are the Sound effects and The Va.
    So thi game its just good but for wanking its just lame, just full save it and do not attemp to play it, its a waste of time.
    3/10 (Sorry for my bad english) Bad game Nice wank i think
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Elder Drake

Game is extremely slow and just does stupid jokey stuff in an h game. This wouldn't be so bad if the game also let you fast forward or skip through stuff but you just have to keep pressing S while it doesn't fast forward through a scene.
    Actual h scenes themselves are nothing to write home about either and are pretty boring, especailly since this game doesn't play like a traditional side scroller where you grab enemies or they grab you instead its guess which enemies have scenes and slowly make it through a level looking for the npc scenes which you can't fast travel to or anything.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Valancia

It's not bad. They put effort into their art style, the premise isn't nearly as lazy as some other ones, and the gameplay is polished. However, it is very simple bordering on tedious after a short time of playing.

The actual platforming/combat is super easy to the point of basically being irrelevant after the first level that you play. The controls are limited to, move, jump, block, and attack; but all of which don't feel particularly dynamic - it just feels a bit sluggish. So gameplay-wise, it's pretty average, maybe a 3/5, it's functional but not particularly entertaining.

The scene collection method is also fine, the places that you can collect scenes are highlighted by a cloud of hearts around the individual so it's never a matter of wondering whether or not you will get a scene. However, my main complaint with it is that there is no way to skip through it quickly; you can skip through choices/text quickly, but most animations have to run their course before you can move on so you will get stuck watching scenes you've watched before unless you actively avoid those particular characters. And in other games, that might not be a problem, but for this one, a large portion of the money you make in the game requires you to find the scenes so not having a skip function makes the game feel tedious after the first viewing of the scene (especially since the basic scenes are just 2 different loops with small graphical variations). So again, I would say it's about a 3/5.

What does most of the heavy lifting in the game is the art style, which might not be for everyone, but it's definitely my type of art. It's good quality pixel art, there are many different characters/monsters/beasts to collect scenes for so it doesn't feel devoid of content to collect. 5/5 for amount and quality of CG/animation imo.

Another small gripe I have is the recollection room: now I know that platformers tend to use their gameplay mechanics as often as possible; but it seems very unnecessary to keep a platform style when you're trying to find the scene you want to see again. For example, if you want to see scenes from the 4th map of the game, you have to run through the first 3 maps of the game to get to that collection of scenes - that's bad design because it needlessly slows the player down for what they want to accomplish. At least with the combat being kind of slow, there's an element of skill involved; but there is no skill involved in holding the right arrow key for 20 seconds until you get to the scene you want to see. A less relevant 2/5 for this feature.

Overall it's a decent game, you'll probably get about an hour or two of gameplay out of it, but the scenes honestly weren't good enough for me to want to replay it or to spend the time in the recollection room to see them again (maybe that would change if the recollection room was more of a menu style/faster to navigate, but I doubt it). 4/5 overall because I don't think my complaints about the game hold as much weight as the fact that it delivers what it promises to deliver.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Eudaldigo

Well, let's do a points review.

The good:
    -Nice pixel art.
    -A decent variety of enemies per area.
    -Quite a few animations and they don't stay simple, they are varied and hot.
    -Neither too long nor too short, a decent length.
    -Decent level design

The bad:
    -Some bugs
    -The platform is not completely polished.
    -Replaying some areas in search of something can be repetitive.
    -The controls are not very well explained (I didn't know that, for example, if you didn't press S the animation would repeat itself completely and halfway through the game I thought it was a bug xd)

Overall, it's not a perfect game, but it has exactly what I like so it's going to get a 5 even though the 4 stars are more reasonable.

PS: Can someone please bring the other version of this game :coffee::giggle:?
  8. 4.00 star(s)

pantomino1137

This is in a lot of ways a step up from previous titles, but in terms of guaranteed content, it's actually a major step down.

One of the great things about NappleMill is the variety from the scenes and the creative visuals. It might not sound like the biggest priority for most H-game enjoyers, but when you're used to getting just as many humanoid scenes as you are non-humanoid, you don't expect that to get mixed up. For some odd coincidence, this time it happened.

Half a dozen of the scenes where the enemy and the scene recollection character is non-humanoid, the result is actually humanoid and a few other times, the result was an unexplained transformation scene for both the girl and the non-humanoid character.

I may be wrong, but this is also the first time there are explicitly furry scenes and also reverse transformation scenes, which cut into over a quarter of the content. I would deduct another star for that loss in content, but I'm optimistic that the overall software quality and design is a sign to expect even more from [NappleMill].

TL;DR
    Many times the scene promised non-humanoid but gave you humanoid and vice-versa. So the time you spent in-game and in the scene room was wasted on scenes you don't want. This is a good or bad sign, plus or minus one star.