Kitsune Dragoon

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2021
*pokes Kitsune Dragoon with stick*

Any news coming soon? Hope all is well...
Things are okay. Just working on my contest project at the moment, so Ooze Wizard Apprentice is going to be delayed. Work on it should pick up again after early April. Sorry for the radio silence here.

any ideas on total green ooze that you can currently collect?

also how to progress with lang's farm and other lessons that are locked?
The current total Green Ooze that should be collectable is 8 if memory serves me correctly.

Lang's Farm hasn't been developed very far yet. There's still a lot of lessons that aren't currently finished paths, so I still need to work on them.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
What happened to the cheats area?
I went to the mentioned location and the area doesn't appear anymore.

Was nice having them just to mess around in the previous build i played.
Makes it sort of a free play mode, which is nice to have in unfinished projects.

Reactions: þussy

nedryd

Oct 8, 2021
What happened to the cheats area?
I went to the mentioned location and the area doesn't appear anymore.

Was nice having them just to mess around in the previous build i played.
Makes it sort of a free play mode, which is nice to have in unfinished projects.
Are you running a Public build or a Cheat build? The one in the OP is 0.3995 Public, which doesn't have cheats; 0.3996 just went up on dev Patreon yesterday.

GenoU

Dec 27, 2022
Does anyone know how to be able to unlock more spells? When I go to temperance she just tells me I'm not "proficient enough"

Kitsune Dragoon

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2021
Does anyone know how to be able to unlock more spells? When I go to temperance she just tells me I'm not "proficient enough"
You need Green Ooze to be able to learn new spells. You can gain them by completing quests successfully. Furthermore, you need an amount of Green Ooze equal to the level of the spell you are learning to unlock it.

Example: You have learned the spell Ooze Body and want to learn the spell Acid Burn. Since Acid Burn is a level 2 spell, you will need two Green Ooze Points to be able to learn Acid Burn.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GokutheG

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
You need Green Ooze to be able to learn new spells. You can gain them by completing quests successfully. Furthermore, you need an amount of Green Ooze equal to the level of the spell you are learning to unlock it.

Example: You have learned the spell Ooze Body and want to learn the spell Acid Burn. Since Acid Burn is a level 2 spell, you will need two Green Ooze Points to be able to learn Acid Burn.
It's been a while since I played but is this the same for the dances?

Are all the skills used in the game and what do the attributes affect?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of starting over.

Kitsune Dragoon

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2021
It's been a while since I played but is this the same for the dances?

Are all the skills used in the game and what do the attributes affect?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of starting over.
Currently, the entire Divination branch of spells and Dances taught by Momo cost no Green Ooze Points.

Attributes can affect different damage calculations for combat or skill resolution, among other things (for instance, Mind can contribute to Reading Books, while Charm might help with Enchantment Spells or Social Conversations).

Body - Physical Strength, etc.
Charm - Social Strength, etc.
Mind - Mental Strength, etc.

This will probably get altered in the revision down the line (sometime after I finish Chapter 2) to encompass the new mechanics (Stamina Points, Allure Points, Focus Points, Drive Points, Will Points, etc.).

Reactions: GokutheG

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
can anyone explain the fuk is " Mental State" ? and why the fuk it increase by 50 each time i fart ? read +50,take a bath +50
^ apparently it was due satiety/hunger system sorry(not really) but it's a big horsehit system,that spiraled the fuk out the stratosphere to unfixable state.
basically i had -50 satiety EVERY TURN,the next turn my satiety went 70,then it went 20 next turn i get +hunger,then my mental went +50,the next turn it gets another +hunger and -mental state locking it in infinite loop and snowballed. (y)

Last edited:

Kitsune Dragoon

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
can anyone explain the fuk is " Mental State" ? and why the fuk it increase by 50 each time i fart ? read +50,take a bath +50
^ apparently it was due satiety/hunger system sorry(not really) but it's a big horsehit system,that spiraled the fuk out the stratosphere to unfixable state.
basically i had -50 satiety EVERY TURN,the next turn my satiety went 70,then it went 20 next turn i get +hunger,then my mental went +50,the next turn it gets another +hunger and -mental state locking it in infinite loop and snowballed. (y)
Yeah. Still have to work out all the foibles with the Satiety/Hunger System. I can see how it can be frustrating without proper prompting. Hunger will probably need to be reworked to better integrate into the game as a whole.

nedryd

Oct 8, 2021
Currently, the entire Divination branch of spells and Dances taught by Momo cost no Green Ooze Points.

Attributes can affect different damage calculations for combat or skill resolution, among other things (for instance, Mind can contribute to Reading Books, while Charm might help with Enchantment Spells or Social Conversations).
KD, once you start down a branch are you locked into it, or can you "sample" and learn spells from others before you decide to commit to one?

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
KD, once you start down a branch are you locked into it, or can you "sample" and learn spells from others before you decide to commit to one?
Green Ooze seems to be the limiting factor to the number of spells you can learn. So while learning a school doesn't lock you out of another I don't think there's enough green ooze to learn everything yet.

I'd like to know if I'm wrong tho.

Kitsune Dragoon

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2021
- All spells require green ooze (from 1-3 points currently).
- Each of the mentors can teach their own brand of spells.
- You can only learn any particular spell once. For example: If you were to learn Acid Burn from Temperance, you would be unable to learn it from Silica and vice versa.
- You are not locked onto a track for a spell branch. So you can learn Ooze Body from Transmutation and then learn Summon Slime from Conjuration. Green Ooze is restricted though, so you might not get to everything you want.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes