RPGM - Completed - ELDORANTE [v1.01] [MOON KNIGHT SPARKLE]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v1.01]

Either unfinished, unpolished or just not good.
    It drags on about story, setting and tutorials, but restricts your actions, outright lying to you.
    • Less than half-assed auto-mode absolutely disgusts me.
      Every turn, make a choice, one of them is 1 turn auto-battle to make the game make a shitty choice for you.

• Restricted from farming (passing a day until plants grow) until dungeon tutorial is complete, even though it says that free roam and side quests are available. Raising questions about quality or deceit.

• "Clearing a stage gives a reward" since the dungeon tutorial can only be accessed once, can't grind for it and can't save during it, how am I to know if it has a special reward or supposed to feel any of the "free roam" aspect it keeps boasting about.
    Made me furious after sitting through the hefty opening, seeing too many characters and then telling me my decisions don't matter.
    So much for a "cozy game"
  2. 5.00 star(s)

caflambe

I really like this game, because it's actually a game and not just a shallow 2 hour sex scene collector. It's a complete and proper HRPG, around 20-30 hours long if you go for story clear and 100% H scene collection, but can go for more if you go for 100% gameplay completion.

I emphasize the "H" in "proper HRPG", because I assure you the game is not lacking in scenes at all. There are around 150+ different scenes total, with different progression levels as MC experience increases and becomes increasingly lewd.

Firstly, I'll summarize the H content you can expect:
    • Certain enemies that rape MC or her allies when you lose to them, but don't cause any game over or progression loss so you can farm their scenes without issue.
    • (Yes, even scenes for the male allies, because there are horny monstergirl enemies that specifically target them.)
    • A lot of outfits for every playable character, and clothing damage for the female characters.
    • Free street sex acts as advertising, which then becomes working at a brothel proper once MC has enough experience.
    • Lots of town (and slum) H scenes, similarly tied to MC's experience and/or her outfits.
    • Scenes between certain playable characters (FxF and MxF). The vibes are like a couple of friends engaging in free, casual sex, instead of something like NTR.
    • And my personal plus point, the scenes are actually properly written and aren't just gloping or schlorping onomatopeia.
    Still with me and curious about the non-H aspects of the game? Here are the things I really like about it:
    • Lots of outfits available, so you can dress Makane and her friends up in all kinds of clothes as the game progresses, instead of sticking to the same outfits the whole time
    • Many NPCs and allies have standing art and different facial expressions, which adds a lot to the vibrancy and humor to the dialogue scenes.
    • Dungeon runs reset your level every time you start one, but the level grind is avoided as the game rewards the player for low-level clears. Each run is also fairly fast, maybe 15-30 min for early game dungeons, making it a nicely balanced loop of fighting and fucking monsters, then going back to town for questing and fucking NPCs.
    • Lots of classic JRPG mechanics for the aficionados: elemental and attack type weaknesses/resistances, equipment collecting and swapping mid-battle, crafting and upgrading, gem socketing, sidequesting, filling up a large bestiary, and more.
    • Writing that is mostly humorous and lighthearted, but far from half-baked. It's a comfortable game that doesn't wind me up with tension, but also doesn't bore me to sleep.
    • (If reading does bore you to sleep, Ctrl works as a fast forward and can be used unconditionally even for text you're seeing for the first time.)
    • A soundtrack that's fully composed by the dev, so no generic RPGmaker music to take you out of the experience.
    If you're looking for a HRPG that's a great JRPG in all fronts, I highly recommend giving this game a try. If you're looking for fast fap material, then you could download a save and I'll hope you can find something up your alley among the huge variety of scenes.