• We're currently working on the search system, until that's complete the search will be disabled. In the mean time, you can use the quick search on the forum home page, or the search from the latest updates page.

Others - Completed - Burning High: The Warrior of Fire [v1.3] [silent4]

1. 2.00 star(s)

bastorra

Total kusoge with frustrating enemy placement and unfair design. The jump feels sluggish, the dash is not useful, and most of the game goes out of its way to punish you.
    Flinch is bullshit because it eats up most of the invincibility time, makes you fall off ladders, has the knockback to toss you into instant kill spikes/pits, and cancels your weapon charge. There are a lot of poorly balanced areas that can spawn infinite enemies, and getting overwhelmed means getting flinch locked until you die.

And of course, winning doesn't unlock all of the animations.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Detective Cancer

This is easily the most infuriating and awfully put together Mega Man clone I've ever played and I used to beat shitty romhacks for fun.

From the enemy placements to the invincibility frames, to the turrets that shoot at just too fast a speed for you to fight back out of spite, to your basic weapon which you NEED to beat those turrets running on energy that you never get drops for. Even jumping which is half of Jump n' Shoot Man feels awful. Momentum and inertia don't make sense, enemies can and will stunlock you with sex attacks. It's just bad. Not to mention the hassle you have to go through to play with a controller if you don't have Steam to make use of its controller integration.

This was really frustrating, and not in a "aha retro game difficulty goes brr" it's just badly put together and whether it's on purpose or not it's jank difficulty that is incredibly unfun.

There's potential but it's really not worth the waste of time.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Warnizon

I'd give it 2.5

If you don't like difficult games and prefer something softer, I don't think you'll enjoy this game. Its gameplay is similar (or the same) to Megaman, and most of the difficult enemies are those below the firing line of your gun, why? You can't duck, so you have to wait for them to jump or just dodge and get past them, that's not difficulty, that's bad game design, the gameplay isn't exciting or interesting, I miss dashes because some enemies have the SAME speed as you, which makes getting away from them a bit annoying.

Other than that, as far as the music is concerned, it fits in perfectly with this type of game, I liked it a lot and it was what really stuck with me. The sounds are okay, the H-Scenes... well, they could have been done better, but they're okay, and the map design is okay too.

This game has the potential to evolve a lot and become a good game, if the developer is interested.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Teal Flower

Go for it if you are a masochist. The whole place is covered in enemies, some unkillable, others with shields or very specific weak points. Charging your basic attack consumes your secondary gauge rather than just the special ones. Also every enemy is placed so their knockback tosses you into a hole for insta death. Pausing or simply grabbing a health orb while you are standing on moving water won't pause the animation so you keep sliding off and die. And I don't have the patience to die 99 times to unlock a lower difficulty. Should have been a regular game investing more into the gameplay rather than a hentai one trying to be very hard.