3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Koikatsu and Honey Select are games from Illusion Games, but you can use them to make your own characters and scenes. The problem is that you don't own the images and they can't be sold.

Daz is free software but you need to pay for almost all the assets you use. But you will own your art.

You can of course pirate everything so it really boils down to what style you like best. Daz probably has the biggest learning curve.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you!

Any suggestions on which one would be best for a newbie developer/artist?
Depends on how good that pc is, and what brand of video card you have.

Frankly, Daz is the hardest to use, and it requires a very good Nvidea card.

Koi and HS are easier to do a lot of things, and require less power/time to use, but you have less control over some things. The up side of that is that people are less picky about the art, so you can get away with things you can't in Daz.

On the other hand, With Daz you can sell the game on Steam when you are done.

Kurtyguy

Aug 19, 2018
Koikatsu and Honey Select are games from Illusion Games, but you can use them to make your own characters and scenes. The problem is that you don't own the images and they can't be sold.

Daz is free software but you need to pay for almost all the assets you use. But you will own your art.

You can of course pirate everything so it really boils down to what style you like best. Daz probably has the biggest learning curve.
Depends on how good that pc is, and what brand of video card you have.

Frankly, Daz is the hardest to use, and it requires a very good Nvidea card.

Koi and HS are easier to do a lot of things, and require less power/time to use, but you have less control over some things. The up side of that is that people are less picky about the art, so you can get away with things you can't in Daz.

On the other hand, With Daz you can sell the game on Steam when you are done.
Thank you both for your help.

While monetization isn't really the main goal, i guess i would look to make money from what i develop later down the line.

It seems i have a lot of research to do lol. If you have any suggestions on tutorials or general tips/things to consider
i would greatly appreciate it.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you both for your help.

While monetization isn't really the main goal, i guess i would look to make money from what i develop later down the line.

It seems i have a lot of research to do lol. If you have any suggestions on tutorials or general tips/things to consider
i would greatly appreciate it.
Youtube has a lot of tutorials, WP Guru is one of the better ones for Daz. You will also need to learn some kind of coding. My suggestion would be to try something simple with Koi or HS, and see how it goes, then once you have some EXP, you will have a better idea of what you want to do.

Reactions: Kurtyguy

FT4wondering

May 7, 2023
Hi, sorry do exists forum section for VAM related questions ? (about plug's incl. discuss freeware scripts etc) Can't find. And no VAM prefix in development area. Just in Releases\Requests. Ot i missed something ?

Yuuki4

Jun 30, 2018
Hi, sorry do exists forum section for VAM related questions ? (about plug's incl. discuss freeware scripts etc) Can't find. And no VAM prefix in development area. Just in Releases\Requests. Ot i missed something ?
I think that would be this thread, it's not like it's limited to just Daz3D. Just ask your question, and hopefully someone has an answer for you :)

Reactions: FT4wondering

lucie34

Oct 28, 2020
I'm working on developing a 3DCG and RPGM-based adult game. I have significant experience in photography and cinematography, which led me to decide on creating an adult game. I've already developed the characters, events, locations, and content, and I'm currently in the process of bringing these elements to life. However, I'm facing some challenges.

I'm using Renpy and Daz 3D (for now), but creating animations in Daz 3D is proving to be very difficult, despite having invested considerable effort in my characters. I've also purchased some assets, and I do not want to delete them. However, since I'm still at the beginning of the process, I have the opportunity to make changes without too much loss.

1. Which program would allow me to create the fastest animations compatible with Daz 3D? What is the most user-friendly software for this purpose? [Blender?]
  2. Since I’m creating adult content, I have modeled the genital areas of my characters, but I'm not sure how to utilize these areas effectively when creating realistic sex scenes.
  3. Is it possible to complete this project smoothly with a Ryzen 5600H, RTX 3060 130W, and 16 GB DDR4 RAM?
If I'm able to create successful animation scenes using another program like Blender and then import these assets back into Daz 3D, it would significantly speed up the project.

PumpyDev

Sep 2, 2024
Hello,

I haven't been around Daz in a while and was wondering whether artists consider Gen9 to be worth working with over 8.1? After a quick skim it seems like there are still not that many available asserts for Gen9 compared to 8.1, and most characters I've seen for Gen9 do not look particularly great. Is there some consensus on what model is best to currently work with?

lucie34

Oct 28, 2020
Hello,

I haven't been around Daz in a while and was wondering whether artists consider Gen9 to be worth working with over 8.1? After a quick skim it seems like there are still not that many available asserts for Gen9 compared to 8.1, and most characters I've seen for Gen9 do not look particularly great. Is there some consensus on what model is best to currently work with?
I have thoughts of going back to Genesis 8.1 because there are not a lot of assets.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
Hello,

I haven't heard a consensus on looks, however objectively G9 is much heavier on both ram and diskspace - so if that's at all a constraint, I would stick with 8.

PumpyDev

Sep 2, 2024
Daz3d question:

Last time I tried to use Daz, I ended up with way too many morph sliders, many of which overlapped and caused confusion or conflicts.
Is there one set of body/face morphs for G8F/G8.1F/G9 that stand above the rest and feel complete? Or a recommended combination of a few?

I'm aware of the Genesis 8 Male & Female Body Morphs (Unofficial Bundle), but that pack is six years old by now.

Jan 25, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for help with installing a daz add-on. This one, the female version in particular.

https://f95zone.to/threads/muscularity-morphs-for-genesis-8-male-s-female-s-unofficial-bundle.11375/

I'm trying to follow the guide which says to do this:

• If you see one folder "content" with 2 small files named "supplement" and/or "manifest" after opening, you can create an DIM with them, simply search for the ID number on DAZ market and rename the main zip into the correct name (aka IM000*the ID number here* -01_*name of asset.zip*.
SO I changed the name to IM00048815-01_MuscularityMorphsforGenesis8Females.zip and put it in my downloads folder for the install manager, but when I look in the install manager it doesn't come up as ready to install. I've installed lots of other stuff with no issues, but this is the first time I've had to rename the .zip, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or putting it in the wrong place or what.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for help with installing a daz add-on. This one, the female version in particular.

https://f95zone.to/threads/muscularity-morphs-for-genesis-8-male-s-female-s-unofficial-bundle.11375/

I'm trying to follow the guide which says to do this:

• If you see one folder "content" with 2 small files named "supplement" and/or "manifest" after opening, you can create an DIM with them, simply search for the ID number on DAZ market and rename the main zip into the correct name (aka IM000*the ID number here* -01_*name of asset.zip*.
SO I changed the name to IM00048815-01_MuscularityMorphsforGenesis8Females.zip and put it in my downloads folder for the install manager, but when I look in the install manager it doesn't come up as ready to install. I've installed lots of other stuff with no issues, but this is the first time I've had to rename the .zip, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or putting it in the wrong place or what.
You need to open the zip, then the zip inside of that one, then open the content folder, then extract the Data, People, and Runtime folders into your Daz Library Folder.

Reactions: lucie34
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote