Daz Silhouette/Manakin figures for background

IamUnderman

May 11, 2020
Hi there. I am working on a game right now and I want to populate the background of my scenes with figures so that environments don't feel lifeless but I don't want to spend hours modelling characters that will never be focused on. Is there a tool or method of making blank or low-res figures to populate backgrounds of shots that won't extend render times massively?

Thanks!

jkjyuio

Jan 23, 2022
I tried the billboard "crowd" figures ones, but i could never get it to look just right. Recently, I've taken to using decimator to poly-reduce figures. Of course, this still takes a lot of work. The other idea is to spot render your background figures in one by one and post composite.

Reactions: IamUnderman

IamUnderman

May 11, 2020
I tried the billboard "crowd" figures ones, but i could never get it to look just right. Recently, I've taken to using decimator to poly-reduce figures. Of course, this still takes a lot of work. The other idea is to spot render your background figures in one by one and post composite.
Yeah I really don't like the billboards either tbh. I am really surprised there isn't an easy solution out there for this issue. I feel it must be a fairly common one.

jkjyuio

Jan 23, 2022
some people use the older generation figures. However, i decided it wasn't worth going back in time.